All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionHistory has an inescapable centrality in the Hebrew Bible, and biblical narratives are for many readers the best recognized and most memorable parts of the Bible. Yet the history of ancient Israel and the nature of Hebrew historiography remain hotly contested topics in contemporary scholarship. The Historical Writings introduces students to the character of the Deuteromistic History (Joshua through Kings) and other historical writings (Ezra, Nehemiah, and 1 and 2 Chronicles); to the different roles history-writing plays throughout the Hebrew Bible; to the key historical questions and methods shaping contemporary scholarly debate in light of archaeological research; and to the literary and theological contours of the biblical narratives themselve. An introduction presents issues in the historical and literary interpretation of these writings. Subsequent chapters on the books Joshua through Kings, Ezra-Nehemiah, and Chronicles each discuss literary concerns, historical issues, and theological themes relevant to each book, then offer succinct and informative commentary on the book.
- Author BiographyMark A. Leuchter is associate professor of Hebrew Bible and ancient Judaism and director ofJewish studies at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. David T. Lamb is associate professor of Old Testament at Biblical Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)David T. Lamb,Mark Leuchter
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight738 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.