Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionHistorian James. S. Olson has prepared a comprehensive, antated bibliography of the history of cancer. The emphasis of this work is t so much on the medical aspects of cancer as it is on the historical documentation of the disease: its etiology, pathology, epidemiology, forms and manifestations, and the men and women who have distinguished themselves in the study and treatment of the disease. The book opens with a section devoted to the historical background of our kwledge of cancer and important medical/nmedical personalities. The next section deals with the etiology of cancer--its genesis, epidemiology, pathology, and research and control. The largest part of the bibliography is devoted to the individual malignant diseases. Olson concludes with sections on the diagsis and treatment of cancer, clinical services, and cancer institutions. The citations include books, articles from scholarly and general periodicals, medical and government publications, and primary and secondary sources. The antations are descriptive. An important contribution to the study of medical history, Olson's bibliography will be of interest to scholars, students and those involved in the medical and scientific study of cancer.
- Author BiographyJAMES S. OLSON is Professor of History at Sam Houston University, Huntsville, Texas. His earlier works include Dictionary of the Vietnam War, Historical Dictionary of the New Deal: From Inauguration to Preparation for War (Greenwood Press, 1988, 1985), Herbert Hoover and the Reconstruction Finance Corporation, 1931-1933, The Ethnic Dimension in American History, Native Americans in the Twentieth Century, and numerous articles.
- Author(s)James Stuart Olson
- Date of Publication26/06/1989
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Medical Studies
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Weight803 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.