All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionLong regarded as a center for middle-American values, Indiana is also a cultural crossroads that has produced a rich and complex legal and constitutional heritage. The History of Indiana Law traces this history through a series of expert articles by identifying the themes that mark the state's legal development and establish its place within the broader context of the Midwest and nation. The History of Indiana Law explores the ways in which the state's legal culture responded to-and at times resisted-the influence of national legal developments, including the tortured history of race relations in Indiana. Legal issues addressed by the contributors include the Indiana constitutional tradition, civil liberties, race, women's rights, family law, welfare and the poor, education, crime and punishment, juvenile justice, the role of courts and judiciary, and landmark cases. The essays describe how Indiana law has adapted to the needs of an increasingly complex society. The History of Indiana Law is an indispensable reference and invaluable first source to learn about law and society in Indiana during almost two centuries of statehood.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Bodenhamer is a professor of history and the executive director of The Polis Center at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. He is the author or editor of six books, including Fair Trial: Rights of the Accused in American History and The Bill of Rights in Modern America: After 200 Years (with James W. Ely Jr.). Randall T. Shepard, an Evansville native, has become one of the most respected jurists in the country. Shepard was appointed to the Supreme Court of Indiana in 1985 and was later promoted to chief justice of the court.
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleLaw Society & Politics in the Midwest
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDavid J. Bodenhamer,Randall T. Shepard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.