All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionIran is a vast country with a storied, ancient past, a great diversity of cultures and ethnicities, and a location in arguably the most unstable area of the world. Iran's history over the last two centuries - developing as a modern nation-state, freeing itself from foreign domination, and asserting its influence in both the region and the world - has been particularly fascinating. This title gives an overview of Iranian history written for a general audience. It is intended to acquaint readers with the important events and personalities that have shaped that long history. In this second edition of The History of Iran , the author has thoroughly revised the original content and has added two new chapters, one of which is dedicated to Iran in the 21st century. Particular attention is paid to explaining the forces that led to the revolution of 1979 and the establishment of the Islamic Republic of Iran, as well as the controversies of its domestic and foreign policies.
- Author BiographyElton L. Daniel, PhD, is professor of history at the University of Hawaii, Manoa, Honolulu, HI. His published works include The Political and Social History of Khurasan under Abbasid Rule, 727-820, A Shi'ite Pilgrimage to Mecca (1885-1886): The Safarnameh of Mirza Mohammad Hosayn Farahani; Society and Culture in Qajar Iran: Studies in Honor of Hafez Farmayan; and Greenwood's Culture and Customs of Iran. Daniel received his doctorate at University of Texas, Austin.
- Author(s)Elton L. Daniel
- Date of Publication16/01/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleGreenwood Histories of the Modern Nations
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight672 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.