Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first work on this topic to have been published in English and is thus brought before the international public. A preliminary sociolinguistic survey of the major issues concerning language use in 16th century Slovenia is followed by the central section - an analysis of Adam Bohoric's pioneering grammar of Slovenian (1584) that establishes its position in the framework of contemporary European linguistics. Other subjects include the four-language grammatical appendix to Hieronymus Megiser's dictionary (1592), the linguistic work of the German writer and teacher Nicodemus Frischlin during his stay in Slovenia, and the language issues addressed in the writings of various Slovenian Protestant writers.
- Author BiographyKozma Ahacic is Senior Research Fellow at the Fran Ramovs Institute of the Slovenian Language at the Scientific Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts. He is also Assistant Professor of Slovenian linguistics at the University of Nova Gorica (Slovenia).
- Author(s)Kozma Ahacic
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- Series TitleThought, Society, Culture Slovenian and South Eastern European Perspectives
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight520 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.