All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionStrictly speaking, James Carey wrote, there is history of mass communication research. This volume is a long-overdue response to Carey's comment about the field's igrance of its own past. The collection includes essays of historiographical self-scrutiny, as well as new histories that trace the field's institutional evolution and cross-pollination with other academic disciplines. The volume treats the remembered past of mass communication research as crucial terrain where boundaries are marked off and futures plotted. The collection, intended for scholars and advanced graduate students, is an essential compass for the field.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: David W. Park is Assistant Professor of Communication at Lake Forest College. He received his Ph.D. in communication from the University of Pennsylvania. Jefferson Pooley is Assistant Professor of Media and Communication at Muhlenberg College. He received his Ph.D. in communication from Columbia University.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight800 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byDavid W. Park,Jefferson Pooley
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.