Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionHole! said Mr. Polly, and then for a change, and with greatly increased emphasis: 'Ole! He paused, and then broke out with one of his private and peculiar idioms. Oh! Beastly Silly Wheeze of a Hole! He was sitting on a stile between two threadbare looking fields, and suffering acutely from indigestion. He suffered from indigestion w nearly every afteron in his life, but as he lacked introspection he projected the associated discomfort upon the world. Every afteron he discovered afresh that life as a whole and every aspect of life that presented itself was beastly. And this afteron, lured by the delusive blueness of a sky that was blue because the wind was in the east, he had come out in the hope of snatching something of the joyousness of spring. The mysterious alchemy of mind and body refused, however, to permit any joyousness whatever in the spring. He had had a little difficulty in finding his cap before he came out. He wanted his cap-the new golf cap-and Mrs. Polly must needs fish out his old soft brown felt hat. 'Ere's your 'at, she said in a tone of insincere encouragement. He had been routing among the piled newspapers under the kitchen dresser, and had turned quite hopefully and taken the thing. He put it on. But it didn't feel right. Nothing felt right. He put a trembling hand upon the crown of the thing and pressed it on his head, and tried it askew to the right and then askew to the left.
- Author(s)H G Wells
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.