Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionAlexander Carson lived in an age that was turning away from the revelation of God in Scripture. The dominant philosophy of the times sought to replace the kwledge of the personal, sovereign and provident God of Scripture with a 'more intelligent belief' in the impersonal laws of nature (which are, of course, thing but the physical laws by which God usually conducts his government of the world). If God exists - and that was a big 'if' - then he is a God who is far removed from the events of every-day life. But truth and Scripture teach that all physical laws have their effect from the immediate agency of God's almighty power. In his works of providence God preserves and governs all his creatures and all their actions. 'In him we live, and move, and have our being' (Acts 17:28). Although Christians recognize this doctrine of Providence, they tend to overlook it in practice. In so doing they lose, in a great measure, that advantage which a constant and deep impression of this truth is calculated to give. In this book, Alexander Carson takes the reader through the Scriptures and points to instances of God's providence that will provide comfort for all true believers.
- Author(s)Alexander Carson
- PublisherThe Banner of Truth Trust
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Banner of Truth Trust
- Weight363 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.