All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this survey of the development of the world of theatre up to the Baroque period, Margaret Berthold discusses such phemena as the demon dance of a masked shaman, the tragedie classique of Corneille and Racine, the Egyptian Osiris festival ceremonies, and Italian commedia dell'arte improvizations. She looks at theatre in Islamic civilizations, Indonesia, India, China, Japan, Greece and Rome, in the Byzantine Empire and Europe of the Middle Ages. Berthold looks at comedy, tragedy, mime, religious and secular drama, kabuki, h, puppet theatre, court ballet, opera, masques, pantomime, the amphitheatre, and song-play.
- Author(s)Margot Berthold
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight727 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.