Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThese men are the hit men, striking a contract with someone who has a target - and the cash. In a world of ever-increasing outsourcing, contract killing has become 'the white middle class way of murder'. The Hit Men tells the stories of some of Australia's most ruthless contract killers - their plots, accomplices, victims, crimes and punishments - and of the people who saw fit to employ them. John Kerr dissects a parade of hits, from the days of Sydney's razor gangs in the 1930s to more modern times, taking a fresh look on the way at the man they called Rent-a-Kill - Christopher Dale Flannery. Kerr traces the tragic path of Dennis Allen's hired Red Rat, tells of the bungled 'Are you Les?' hit, and examines the crimes that led to a mother's death on a bed beside her six-year-old son. He gives unflinching accounts of a man who killed his granny, wives who shopped for their husband's killers, and cashed-up criminals who called in favours to arrange the deaths of their enemies. A chilling account of how quickly ordinary people can turn to extreme violence to get what they want.
- Author BiographyJohn Kerr is the author of Wanted: John and Lucy, and Bloody Relations: True Stories of Murder in the Family.
- Author(s)John Kerr
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication29/01/2010
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMichael Joseph
- Out-of-print date23/06/2011
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.