All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionThere's only room for one Queen Bee: A hilarious and touching vel about the social world of school mothers. It's the start of ather school year at St. Ambrose. While the children are busy in the classroom, their mothers are learning sharper lessons. Lessons in friendship. Lessons in betrayal. Lessons in the laws of community, the transience of power...and how to get invited to lunch. Beatrice -- undisputed queen bee. Ruler, by Divine Right, of all school fundraising, this year, last year, and, surely, for many to come. Heather -- desperate to volunteer, desperate to be ticed, desperate to belong. Georgie -- desperate for a cigarette. And Rachel -- watching them all, keeping her distance. But soon to discover taht the line between amused observer and miserable outcast is a thin one. THE HIVE is a wickedly funny and brilliantly observed story about female friendship, power plays, and the joys and perils (well, mainly perils) of trying to do one's part.
- Author BiographyGill Hornby is a writer and journalist. She lives with her husband, Robert Harris, and their four children, in Kintbury, Berkshire (UK). The Hive is her first novel.
- Author(s)Gill Hornby
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThorndike Core
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Weight590 g
- Width140 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.