All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate celebration of the first Hobbit movie reveals the full creative vision of the art and design teams with more than 1,000 exclusive images and photos, including designs and concepts that never made it to the big screen. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles - Art & Design is packed with more than 1,000 images of concept artwork, photographs and development paintings by the artists working behind the scenes to bring Middle-earth to life, each of whom provides detailed and entertaining commentary that reveals the story behind the vision. As a bonus feature unique to this book, there is a special fold-out map printed in glow-in-the-dark ink and a three-page fold-out replica of Bilbo's contract. Compiled by Weta Workshop senior concept designer Daniel Falconer, this is the first in a series of lavish hardback books written and designed by the award-winning team at Weta, who are working closely with the production team to guarantee that these books will be bursting with insider information and stunning visual imagery.
- Author BiographyDaniel Falconer has been a designer at Weta Workshop for more than fifteen years, producing conceptual art as part of the design team on many of the company's high profile projects including The Lord of The Rings, King Kong, The Chronicles of Narnia, Avatar, and now The Hobbit. Daniel has written a number of books for Weta: The World of Kong, The Crafting of Narnia, Weta: The Collector's Guide and The Art of District 9, each showcasing the company's creative works. He lives and works in Wellington with his wife Catherine and two daughters. Weta Workshop is a multi-award winning conceptual design and physical manufacturing facility servicing the world's entertainment and creative industries. It houses a range of disciplines including conceptual design, weapons, armour & chainmaille, specialist props, vehicles, specialty costumes, models & miniatures, special make-up & prosthetics, public art & displays.
- Author(s)Daniel Falconer,Weta Workshop
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleThe Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note999 col illus
- Weight1370 g
- Width311 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.