All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionHolistic education is concerned with connections in human experience - connections between mind and body, between linear thinking and intuitive ways of kwing, between individual and community, and between the personal self and the transpersonal self. First published in 1988, The Holistic Curriculum examines the philosophical, psychological, and social foundations of holistic education, outlining its history and discussing practical applications in the classroom. This revised and expanded second edition concisely describes how holistic thinking integrates spiritual and scientific perspectives, drawing on romantic, humanistic, and other radical alternatives to the atomistic worldview of the modern age. The role of the teacher, the issue of accountability, and strategies for implementing the Holistic Curriculum are also discussed.
- Author BiographyJohn P. Miller is a professor in the Department of Curriculum, Teaching, and Learning at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto. He is the author or editor of 17 books on holistic learning and contemplative practices in education.
- Author(s)John P. Miller
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication17/03/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note23
- Weight360 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.