All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Hollywood Trust: Trade Associations and the Rise of the Studio System offers a rare look at the Hollywood trade organizations that rose during the early years of cinema. This book offers a detailed account of three successive trade organizations from 1915 to 1928: the Motion Picture Board of Trade, the National Association of the Motion Picture Industry (NAMPI), and the Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America (MPPDA). The book shows how trade organizations acted as the forum for internal and external conflicts as well as the facilitators for cooperative action on censorship, public relations, government regulation, film distribution, and other issues.
- Author BiographyKia Afra has worked in the film and television industry as a director, editor, and sound recordist. Afra has taught film history at Brown University and Moorpark College and his articles have appeared in Film History, Quarterly Review of Film and Video, and Cinema Journal.
- Author(s)Kia Afra
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleFilm and History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 9 tables
- Weight653 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.