All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis interdisciplinary collection of primary and secondary readings encourages scholars and students to engage critically with current debates about the origins, implementation and postwar interpretation of the Holocaust. Interdisciplinary content encourages students to engage with philosophical, political, cultural and literary debate as well as historiographical issues. It integrates oral histories and testimonies from both victims and perpetrators, including Jewish council leaders, victims of ghettos and camps, SS officials and German soldiers. Subsections can be used as the basis for oral or written exercises. Whole articles or substantial extracts are included wherever possible.
- Author BiographySimone Gigliotti is a lecturer in the History Program at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, and a Fellow in the Department of History at the University of Melbourne, Australia. Previously, she taught at the University of the West Indies, Jamaica, and was a visiting scholar at the Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies, US Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington DC. Berel Lang is Professor of Humanities at Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut. His many books include The Future of the Holocaust: Between History and Memory (1999) and Act and Idea in the Nazi Genocide (1990). His forthcoming book is Post-Holocaust: Interpretation, Misinterpretation, and the Claims of History.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note3
- Weight660 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBerel Lang,Simone Gigliotti
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.