All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionAlso available in Dutch: ISBN 9789089643803 Since Raphael Lemkin coined the term gecide after the destruction of the European Jewry during World War II, the United Nations signed the Gecide Convention in 1948. Though the Convention aimed at preventing gecide in the future, large-scale mass murder returned on all continents, in Cambodia and Rwanda as some of the most torious cases. As demonstrated in this guidebook, the gecidal processes are complex and deeply rooted in society. International courts and tribunals play an important role in bringing suspected perpetrators to justice. To deal effectively with learning about the Holocaust and other gecides in a classroom situation, reliable kwledge about the courses of history is needed. This unique guidebook offers concise information about five 20th-century cases of gecide, as well as the response of international justice. By relevant use of illustrations and references, and by using the most recent literature, this is an indispensable work offering new insight in the processes of gecide. NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Gecide Studies www.holocaustandgecide.nl.
- Author BiographyMaria van Haperen is a journalist and teacher affiliated with the NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies.
- Author(s)Johannes Houwink ten Cate,Maria van Haperen
- PublisherAmsterdam University Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAUP Popular Science
- Content Note31 black and white colour illustrations
- Weight402 g
- Width170 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBarbara Boender,Ben Kiernan,Maria van Haperen,Martin Mennecke,Ton Zwaan,Ugur Umit Ungor,Wichert Ten Have
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.