All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraised as brilliantly revelatory...a masterful work of critical journalism (Kirkus Reviews, starred review), The Holy or the Broken is the fascinating account of one of the most-performed rock songs in history-Leonard Cohen's heartrending Hallelujah. How did one obscure song become an international anthem for human triumph and tragedy, a song each successive generation seems to feel they have discovered and claimed as uniquely their own? Celebrated music journalist Alan Light follows the improbable journey of Hallelujah straight to the heart of popular culture.
- Author BiographyAlan Light has been one of America's leading music journalists for the past twenty years. Light was a senior editor at Rolling Stone, founding music editor and editor-in-chief of Vibe, and editor-in-chief of Spin Magazine. He is also author of The Skills to Pay the Bills, an oral history of the Beastie Boys.
- Author(s)Alan Light
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight252 g
- Width139 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.