All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionReduce stress and live better, naturally! Learn time-tested remedies and safe solutions for dealing with stress. In The New Age Almanac of Natural Remedies for Health, Happiness, and Wellbeing, founding member of the American Herbalist Guild Brigitte Mars offers time-tested remedies and advice to learn how to reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep, mood, immunity and mental acuity and live a more balanced and happier life. Natural remedies such as herbs, vitamins, minerals, flower essences, and therapeutic practices including yoga, aromatherapy, and meditation can ease the symptoms of stress-related conditions, and improve overall health and well-being.
- Author BiographyBRIGITTE MARS, A.H.G, is a founding member of the American Herbalists Guild, and a noted herbalist, author and raw food chef with over 40 years of experience in natural living. She is the author of Country Almanac of Home Remedies (2011), The Desktop Guide to Herbal Medicine, Addiction Free Naturally, The Sexual Herbal, The Hemp Nut Cookbook, Rawsome!, and Healing Herbal Teas. Brigitte teaches at Naropa University, Bauman College of Holistic Health and Natural Chef, The School of Natural Medicine, Just for the Health of It School of Reflexology and Healing Arts, Boulder College of Massage Therapy, Esalen Institute, Kripalu, and at an Icelandic healing arts school called Heilsumeistraskolinn. She has a private practice, helps out at Pharmaca, and has a local weekly radio show on KGNU called Naturally. Brigitte lives in Boulder, Colorado. CHRYSTLE FIELDER is a journalist and author who specializes in natural health topics for many national magazines including Woman's Day, Better Homes & Gardens, Vegetarian Times, and Natural Health and was the Good Nature columnist for Remedy magazine for five years. She is the co-author of the Country Almanac of Home Remedies, co-author of Beat Sugar Addiction Now! (2010) and The Beat Sugar Addiction Now! Cookbook (2011), and author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Natural Remedies (Alpha 2009). She also writes the natural remedies mystery series for Gallery Books/Simon & Schuster. Chrystle lives on the East End of Long Island, NY. Foreword: ROSEMARY GLADSTAR has taught herbology extensively throughout the United States and has led herbal travel adventures worldwide. Her experience includes 20 years in the herbal community as a healer, teacher, visionary, and organizer of herbal events. Currently, she runs Sage Mountain in East Barre, Vermont, where she teaches and sponsors workshops and sells herbal preparations. Herbalist Rosemary Gladstar has changed the practice of American herbalism during her 35 year career. She began her career in California, where after study she founded the California School of Herbal Studies in Forestville, Californiain 1978, which was the first herbal school in California. This school was taught by Gladstar with the help of herbalists such as Christopher Hobbs and is still functioning. She moved east to Vermont in the early 1990s and co-founded Sage Mountain Herbs. Becoming concerned about the ecological sustainability of medicinal plants, which were being decimated by the herb trade, Gladstar went on to found United Plant Savers, where she serves as president of the Board of Directors. Gladstar helped found the Northeast Herb Association in 1991. She is the co-director of the International Herb Symposium and The New England Women's Herbal Conference. Gladstar is the author of several books, including Herbal Healing for Women, Herbs for Natural Beauty, Herbs for the Home Medicine Chest, Rosemary Gladstar's Family Herbal and Planting the Future: Saving Our Medicinal Herbs. She has taught herbs extensively throughout the U.S. She organizes the International Herb Symposium and the United Plant Savers conference, and speaks widely at other herbal conferences including the Southwest Conference, Medicines from the Earth, the Green Nations Gathering and Brietenbush. She also leads herbal travel adventures in various parts of the world.
- Author(s)Brigitte Mars,Chrystle Fiedler
- PublisherFair Winds Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFair Winds Press
- Content Note75 color photos
- Weight537 g
- Width184 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byRosemary Gladstar
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.