All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJessica Todd Harper's latest collection of images is aptly called The HomeStage, a double entendre that alludes to both the home bound lifestyleof families with small children as well as the idea that home is thestage on which children first learn how to live. Her nuanced treatmentof her subjects and environs, coupled with her elegant compositions,unique color palette and handling of light theatrically transforms eachroom and yard into stage sets. No detail is left untouched by her eye.Private but universal she is genuine, tender, uninhibited and at timeshumorous, bearing the emotional range of the finest actress and pullingthe strongest performances from a supporting cast that includes herhusband, her children, her sister, other family members and friends
- Author BiographyJessica Todd Harper spent much of her childhood wandering around witha sketchbook, copying paintings. This traditional artistic preparationtook an unexpected course when she started making photographsas a teenager, but the familiar canvases of her childhood heroes- JohnSinger Sargent, Whistler, Vermeer- still have their influences today: She isinterested in making emotionally charged portraits of people.Jessica's photographs have been discussed in Photo District News, CameraAustria, The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, and The New Yorker.
- Author(s)Alain de Botton,Jessica Todd Harper
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note180 photographs
- Weight990 g
- Width280 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.