All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionPeople still believe that Jesus is returning to earth ...and soon! Like Jesus' the first followers, millions of Christians hold fast to the idea that we are living in the last days, yet here we are, two thousand years later, still waiting. In The Homebrewed Christianity Guide to the End Times Jeffrey C. Pugh recounts his own brief sojourn in an apocalyptic cult. Looking back w, as a respected professor of theology, he tackles how Christianity in general, and the evangelical world in particular, have been captivated by the theological invation kwn as Dispensationalism that emerged in the nineteenth century. The embrace of this idea has influenced millions, leading to such cultural phemena as the Left Behind books and movies, and Christian Zionism. But Pugh argues that the belief in the imminent return of Christ has in fact been harmful to Christian engagement with the world, and he builds this argument on a thorough and occasionally sassy reading of biblical texts and church history.
- Author BiographyJeffrey C. Pugh is professor of religious studies at Elon University in North Carolina. His books include Religion less Christianity: Dietrich Bonhoeffer in Troubled Times, and he has been involved in dialogues around interfaith work and religion and science.
- Author(s)Jeffrey C. Pugh
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleHomebrewed Christianity Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight141 g
- Width114 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byTripp Fuller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.