All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
About this product
- DescriptionAny model railway layout can be enhanced with the effective use of scenery and accessories. Chris Ellis examines the range of ready-made scenic accessories available to modellers,and also explains how to make your own scenic structures. Tips and techniques for adapting and weathering such accessories are included, along with clear step-by-step instructions that explain how to create rolling hills, trackside buildings and even lakes and rivers from a variety of materials, whether bought from modelling shops or using discarded product packaging. The book's sections include: planning backdrops and scenic settings; building basic terrain; painting backgrounds and creating the illusion of distance and perspective; texturing vegetation, foliage and trees; modelling water; depicting rocky surfaces such as cliffs, scree and waterfalls; incorporating civil engineering (tunnels and bridges) and adapting Skaledale and other accessories for use in personal dioramas. A useful appendix also contains details of popular modelling materials, stockists and suppliers, useful reference works and other research sources.
- Author BiographyChris Ellis has been a steam and model railway enthusiast since his school days. He has nearly fifty years of experience as a writer and editor, having started out in the early 1960s as editor of Airfix Magazine. In 1980 he founded Model Trains, which he continues to edit today as Model Trains International. Chris Ellis has also written numerous railway and scenic modelling books along with articles on miltary, aviation and transport subjects.
- Author(s)Chris Ellis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note250 photographs, 50 diagrams
- Weight472 g
- Width210 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.