All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHorses have been our companions in work and leisure for thousands of years. As a species we have profited immeasurably from their resilience, strength and intelligence. In The Horse, Wendy Williams travels the globe to discover the history of our ble companion, one which stretches back fifty-six million years. From the streets of Vienna to the rugged terrain of Galicia, Williams demonstrates the horse's intelligence and strength. Blending profound scientific insights with remarkable stories, The Horse is a unique biography of the animal which has carried us across plains and into battle, and whose fascinating past and finely-nuanced mind are brought to life here in this masterful work of narrative n-fiction.
- Author BiographyWendy Williams has been a science journalist for more than thirty years, with articles appearing in publications across the United States. She is the author of several books, including Kraken and Cape Wind. Horses have been part of her life since she was five years old.
- Author(s)Wendy Williams
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.