All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionHorse racing is a sport where the superstars of the track come and go every year and even if the human element remains constant, new equine legends are created on an annual basis. The Horse Racing Miscellany is celebration of the world of the thorough bred, from the four arab stallions of the 1700s - from which all modern race horses can trace their bloodlines - to two-year-olds making their track debuts. Great races, tracks, trainers, jockeys, and owners are described in bite-size factoids to amaze and amuse, while stories of heroic riders, frantic finishes, and famous horses rub shoulders with statistics, quotes and lists. In short, if you love the Sport of Kings, The Horse Racing Miscellany is just for you.
- Author BiographyJohn White has built up an impressive database of facts and stats on just about every sport imaginable and his innovative Miscellany series now numbers some 15 titles from horse racing to football and motor racing to cricket. An Irishman, from Belfast, he is fortunate to live close to some the greatest racing stables not just in Europe but across the world, a breeding ground for legendary horses, trainers and jockeys.
- Author(s)John White
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width119 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.