All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.83Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionAll I can say is that there was something - right from the first. A stubby little mare, bright bay with remarkably large ears. A white star on her forehead shaped like Madagascar, and a huge arse... This is the story of an extraordinary relationship - and an extraordinary horse. When Barnes buys Dolly Dolores VII, he kws he has got something special. She is feisty, restless, mysterious - sometimes crazily unpredictable. But she is also, to her owner's delight, a jumper of mesmerising poise and skill; she canters like a ballerina, gallops like a wild thing. Then, one day, Dolly does something so startling, so inexplicable that she brings her owner to breaking point. Barnes is faced with a terrible decision...The Horsey Life is about a friendship pushed to its limits; but it is also filled with larks and joy - a book which takes you right to the heart of the world of horses and those that love them.
- Author BiographySimon Barnes is the multi-award-winning chief sportswriter for the Times. He is also a novelist, nature writer and horseman, and the author of a dozen books, including the bestselling How to be a Bad Birdwatcher and The Meaning of Sport (Short Books). He lives in Suffolk with his family.
- Author(s)Simon Barnes
- PublisherShort Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShort Books Ltd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.