The Hospital for Special Surgery Rheumatoid Arthritis Handbook: Everything You Need to Know by Suzanne Loebl, Stephen A. Paget, Michael Lockshin (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.44+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis splendid volume is easily understandable, uses real-life situations as examples and is far more up-to-the-minute than other such books. From sexuality to surgery, it offers practical and science-based advice. --Charles M. Plotz, M.D., Editor-in-Chief, Rheuma21st.com Your complete guide to understanding and living well with rheumatoid arthritis If you or someone close to you suffers from rheumatoid arthritis (RA), this book is a powerful tool you don't want to be without. Two of the authors are physicians at the Hospital for Special Surgery, one of the nation's oldest and best orthopedic research hospitals. Its purpose is to arm you with the information you need to take charge of your disease management and work with your doctors to develop a treatment program that's right for your lifestyle and life goals. In plain English, the authors demystify rheumatoid arthritis-its causes, progression, and various effects on the human body-and decode the often perplexing language that doctors use to describe RA and its diagsis and treatment. They explain the various treatment and pain management options available to you and ways to discuss them with your doctor. The authors also include the true stories of RA patients whose tales offer encouragement and powerful insights for dealing with the difficult psychological and lifestyle issues RA sufferers face. Their expert advice and guidance covers a range of topics of vital concern to people affected by RA, including: Old, new, and emerging drug therapies, including gold, corticosteroids, and immusuppressants Analgesics and anti-inflammatories Alternative treatment strategies Nutrition, diet, and exercise for RA Vitamins and supplements, including glucosamine and Evening Primrose oil Managing crucial lifestyle issues such as sports, travel, and sex Pregnancy and RA Alleviating depression and pain Surgical options, including joint replacement therapy
- Author BiographySTEPHEN A. PAGET, M.D., is Physician-in-Chief of the Hospital for Special Surgery. MICHAEL D. LOCKSHIN, M.D., is Professor of Medicine at the Hospital for Special Surgery. SUZANNE LOEBL is a biochemist and the coauthor of several books, including The Columbia Presbyterian Osteoarthritis Handbook.
- Author(s)Michael Lockshin,Stephen A. Paget,Suzanne Loebl
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication31/10/2001
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width156 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.