All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt St Alcuin's Monastery, in 14th century Yorkshire, Abbot John is in shock after learning of the rape of his sister and murder of his mother. The refugee Father William is discovering his own vulnerability. The community of brothers struggle to support their leader and their barely-welcome guest. The Hour before Dawn explores the psychological impact of grief and trauma, and the possibility of healing. Wilcock explores the process of having survived suffering, but t yet having moved on. Based on solid historical research, Wilcock's representation of monastic life is authentic, rich with poetic prose and a sense of time and place.
- Author BiographyYou can find Penelope Wilcock at her blog Kindred of the Quiet Way, or at home with her family on England's south coast. She writes to bring faith to life, and has worked within the Methodist Church as preacher, pastor, and in school, hospice, and prison chaplaincies.
- Author(s)Penelope Wilcock
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Hawk and the Dove
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Fiction
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.