Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.56Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionStrange fiction, altered realities. Six short stories inspired by tions of 'home' - disorienting, comic and uniquely memorable. Pork Chop: a claustrophobic and tightly woven tale of 'tag' that sees a masked gang terrorise a small family, playing out the fears and fantasies of personal resentment. The Gunnard Ultimatum: a writer travels into the hills in search of a man he's never met. But what he finds is far beyond anything he could ever have imagined, as magic realism and fantasy come together in sumptuous detail. The Mirror Trick: The Petersens live in faded grandeur, on the periphery and disengaged from their own lives - until the reflection of young Anna takes on a life of its own and tries to infiltrate their humdrum existence. The Smoke: dirty, gritty and desperate, like its protagonist and the 'lizard man' he meets, a man looking for an escape and in need of an accomplice. Symbiosis: A unlikely work of fiction laced with the sadness of isolation as a man comes to terms with the creature that has taken residence in his home. A Game of Invention: A loner in a post-apocalyptic world lives in a fantasy world of memory and delusion. Bleakly comic and uniquely memorable, The House They Couldn't Build presents beautifully crafted and seemingly recognisable worlds in which the unlikely meets the impossible head-on.
- Author(s)B. Mamatha
- PublisherThe Goldman Press
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Goldman Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.