All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'We're going to a fine place,' Idie told Homer to console him, 'with gullies and monkeys and hummingbirds.' Idie Grace is twelve when she inherits a grand old house on a Caribbean island, and is sent away from grey old England to a place where hummingbirds hover and monkeys clamber from tree to tree. As a lady of property Idie can do as she pleases, so she fills the house with exotic animals, keeps her beloved horse in the hallway, and carries a grumpy, talking cockatoo called Homer on her shoulder. But the island house holds as many secrets as it does animals, and the truth behind Idie's inheritance is the biggest secret of all ...Perfect for fans of Eva Ibbotson and Katherine Rundell
- Author BiographySam Angus grew up in Spain. She studied Literature at Trinity College, Cambridge and taught A level English before becoming a Ski Wear designer. She lives between London and Exmoor with an improvident quantity of children, horses and dogs.
- Author(s)Sam Angus
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight283 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.