All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt has become a cliche to say that these are precarious times for public schools. It is also a reality. On the one hand, improving schools is the public's top priority. On the other, significant numbers of Americans are giving up on public schools. Today's parents and, indeed, all voters, need to see signs of success if they are to support public schools. Parents must be given choices when it comes to their child's education. This book ackwledges that ermous problems outside schools do t mean that educators inside schools cant do a better job at creating a meaningful learning environment. It is designed to inform and assist those who wish to choose their child's educational settings. The Hows and Whys of Alternative Education offers the essential information on the history of alternative education, school choice, alternative schools, charter schools, magnet schools, homeschooling, private schools, vouchers, distance learning, teacher/student/parent attraction, and the future of educational choice.
- Author BiographyDr. Darlene Leiding is an expert in the realm of charter schools and alternative education and has created an elementary and high school alternative program. She is currently K-12 Principal at Oh Day Aki (Heart of the Earth Charter School, Minneapolis, MN) working with inner city American Indian students.
- Author(s)Darlene Leiding
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/10/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.