All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionHal Howland's respected memoir The Human Drummer: Thoughts on the Life Percussive, which studio great Hal Blaine said belongs in every musician's library and manufacturer Bill Ludwig Jr. called truly a masterpiece, has earned praise from major recording artists, symphonic musicians, and music-industry leaders.The book contains in-depth interviews with the Doors' John Densmore and the Moody Blues' Graeme Edge (in the first of which a torious Ringo Starr rumor is laid to rest);personal recollections of Badfinger, the Beatles, the Bee Gees, Fred Begun, Art Blakey, Dave Brubeck, Gary Burton, Peter Erskine, William Faulkner, Vic Firth, Robert Frost, Saul Goodman, Elvin Jones, John F. Kennedy, Gary Lewis (of the Playboys), Bill Ludwig Jr., Bob Mathias, Joe Morello, Max Roach, Collin Walcott, Tony Williams, Frank Zappa, and other public figures;a firsthand account of the famous 1968 Jim-less Doors concert in Amsterdam;musical and social commentary;advice for students, parents, and professionals;musical memories of America, Europe, the Middle East, and a colorful career in pop, jazz, and classical music;esoteric information for percussionists;groundbreaking timpani research;a professional directory;a satirical glossary;a comprehensive bibliography;an index;and two actual adventures on the high seas.
- Author BiographyHal Howland is the author of After Jerusalem: Short Fiction, Landini Cadence: A Rich Castillo Threesome (winner of the Eric Hoffer Award for excellence in independent publishing and a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards), and The Sculpture Gardener: Short Fiction. The Sculpture Gardener won an honorable mention in the Lorian Hemingway Short Story Competition. Howland has released three award-winning, critically acclaimed jazz recordings, The Howland Ensemble, Reiko, and 10 Years in 5 Days, and has received a jazz fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts. Born in Washington, D.C., Howland lives in Key West, Florida. His Web site address is www.halhowland.com.
- Author(s)Hal Howland
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.