All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionFor American education to meet the challenges of the 21st century, skilled leaders are needed to transform struggling schools into high quality learning communities. Of all the tasks school administrators face, perhaps the greatest is developing quality teachers. We must energize, encourage, and motivate them and show them that the destination is worth the journey. This book describes how leaders use the change process to build relationships that lead to systemic reform. It identifies this process from analysis of conditions through: Vision, Team building, Developing an action plan, Overcoming resistance, Evaluation. Zimbalist believes that the pursuit of change is a personal journey toward an improved condition and that the human factor is the most powerful ingredient in any form of social interaction. It's about understanding, accepting, working with, motivating, and respecting people in any social environment. So how do school administrators keep the faith when consumed with the battle inside the arena? What do we say to overworked teachers who are pushed to the brink of a career change? Through humorous and personal stories, The Human Factor answers these questions and more.
- Author BiographyRon Alan Zimbalist is a high school principal. He was named principal of the year in 1997, 1998, and 1999 and administrator of the year in 1999 by the Association of California School Admnistrators.
- Author(s)Ron Alan Zimbalist
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight267 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.