Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionHumanity is at the brink of a biological revolution. In the year 2011, only the tip of the biological iceberg has revealed itself. The next several decades will unveil an unprecedented rate of techlogical advance, particularly in the fields of gemics and proteomics. While understanding the geme is the essential first step towards this revolution, the real development and exploitation of this techlogy will happen via proteomics. The Human Proteome Project is the critical bridge between kwledge of the geme and full operationalization of tactics and techniques to manipulate biological processes in very deliberate and specific ways. These findings will create synergies leading to the specific and precise exploitation of genetic data. The project will yield such comprehensive kwledge of the biological and molecular function of human life that medical diagsis and intervention will be radically altered. Future biological techlogy has the potential for both good and evil. Primarily seen as medical research and a path to development of better medications, the majority of research occurs at either pharmaceutical firms or other public research centers. Some of these entities are state sponsored and others are university affiliated, but advances in medical science appear to be the primary driver for the majority of this work.
- Author(s)Andrew Meadows
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight68 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.