The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by Scholarly Resources Inc.,U.S. (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 12 Nov
- AU $14.02Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vietnam War was an immense national tragedy that played itself out in the individual experiences of millions of Americans. The conflict tested and tormented the country collectively and individually in ways few historical events have. The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era provides window into some of those personal journeys through that troubled time. The poor and the powerful, male and female, hawk and dove, civilian and military, are all here. This rich collection of original biographical essays provides contemporary readers with a sense of what it was like to be an American in the 1960s and early 1970s, while also helping them gain an understanding of some of the broader issues of the era. The diverse biographies included in this book put a human face on the tensions and travails of the Vietnam Era. Students will gain a better understanding of how individuals looked at and lived through this contro-versial conflict in American history. An excellent text for courses on the Vietnam War, post-World War II U.S. history, twentieth-century U.S. history, the 1960s, and U.S. history survey.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Anderson is professor of history and chair of the Department of History and Political Science, and associate dean of arts and sciences at the University of Indianapolis.
- PublisherScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2000
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleThe Human Tradition in America
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationDenver
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholarly Resources Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notephotographs, index, further reading
- Weight413 g
- Width164 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDavid L. Anderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.