All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1869 the Cincinnati Red Stockings became the first openly all-professional baseball club in the world. The history, geography, demography, and ecomy of the area contributed to making Cincinnati a baseball town par excellance. During professional baseball's formative years in the 19th century, Cincinnati was almost always represented by a club called the Reds in one league or ather. As chairman of the National Commission after he had helped broker peace between the National and American Leagues, Cincinnati owner Garry Hermann became kwn as the Father of the World Series . The Reds proceeded to win the Series in 1919, 1940, 1975, 1976, and 1990. Under the ownership of the controversial Marge Schott and managed on the field by the mercurial Lou Piniella, the Reds led the National League West wire-to-wire in 1990, defeated the Pittsburgh Pirates in the National League Championship Series, and swept the powerful Oakland Athletics in the World Series. Stars such as Barry Larkin and Eric Davis, along with pitcher Jose Rijo and the trio of relievers kwn as the Nasty Boys deserve much of the credit for the Reds' success, but lesser kwn players, for example, Billy Hatcher and Glenn Braggs, made significant contributions. Although they have come close the Reds have t yet won ather pennant since the glorious 1990 season.
- Author BiographyRetired university professor Charles F. Faber has written numerous books on educational administration, school law, baseball and other topics. He lives in Lexington, Kentucky, USA. Zachariah Webb is the program coordinator for the YMCA of Frankfort, Kentucky, USA.
- Author(s)Charles F. Faber,Zachariah Webb
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note33 photos
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.