All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNewbery Medal-winning author Matt de la Pena's The Hunted, the sequel to The Living, is a high-energy, action-packed survival story. De la Pena has created a rare thing: a plot-driven YA with characters worthy of a John Green vel. --Entertainment Weekly on The Living, A- For those left living, it's kill or be killed. When Shy pulled himself from the wreckage of the Paradise Cruise luxury liner, he met Addie. Addie was rich and blond, and with one else to trust, she told Shy a secret she never should have revealed. It's a secret that people would kill for--have killed for--and she has the piece that could turn everything on its ear. The problem? Shy has idea where Addie is. Back home in California seems logical, but there are more ways to die back home than Shy could ever have guessed. And thanks to what Shy kws w, he's a moving target. Praise for The Hunted Readers will be drawn to the raw and gritty setting, fast-moving plot, and diverse characters worth rooting for. --School and Library Journal Between [the] fast-paced plot and meaningful, diverse character development, this is a great crossover for fans of both thrillers and more character-driven vels. -Booklist Praise for The Living De la Pena has created a rare thing: a plot-driven YA with characters worthy of a John Green vel. -Entertainment Weekly, A- Action is first and foremost. . . . De la Pena can uncork delicate but vivid scenes. --The New York Times [The Living] is special because of its extraordinary protagonist, Shy, who I haven't been able to shake from my mind in the weeks since I read the book. -John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars There's way to classify The Living. It's everything I love mixed into one fantastic, relentless, action-packed story. As always with Matt, the characters are the best part. So real. I loved this book. -James Dashner, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Maze Runner series[STAR] An addictive page-turner and character-driven literary vel with broad appeal for fans of both. -Kirkus Reviews, Starred [STAR] An excellent, enthralling ride...a great read for those looking for adventure and survival stories. -VOYA, Starred A Pura Belpre Author Hor Award Winner An ALSC 2014 Notable Children's Book Pick
- Author BiographyThe Hunted is Newbery Award-winning author Matt de la Pena's sixth novel and the sequel to The Living, for which he received the Pura Belpre Author Honor Award. He attended the University of the Pacific on a basketball scholarship and went on to earn a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing at San Diego State University. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, where he teaches creative writing. Look for Matt de la Pena's other books, Ball Don't Lie, Mexican WhiteBoy, We Were Here, I Will Save You, and The Living, all available from Delacorte Press. Visit him at MattDeLaPena.com and follow @mattdelapena on Twitter. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Matt De La Pena
- Date of Publication24/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.