All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- Description<b>The extraordinary suspense vel from the highly acclaimed military writer drawing comparisons to Clancy, Coonts, Forsyth, and Dale Brown.</b><i>A perilous aid mission into Somalia. An Al Shabaab leader intent on stopping it. A Hollywood actress and activist arriving to make a documentary in one of the most dangerous places on earth. This isn t going to end well.</i><i> Khatar.</i> It is the Somali word for dangerous, and it is one that Colonel Michael Parson has heard all too often on his present mission. His friend Sophia Gold has talked him into taking leave from the Air Force to fly relief supplies into Somalia in an antique DC-3 cargo plane. But even Parson doesn t kw just how <i>khatar</i> this trip will turn out to be.
- Author Biography<b>Tom Young</b> retired from the Air National Guard in 2013 at the rank of senior master sergeant. He served more than twenty years as a flight engineer on the C-130 Hercules and the C-5 Galaxy, logging nearly 5,000 hours of flight time. His career included service in Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, the horn of Africa, and elsewhere. Military honors include the Meritorious Service Medal, three Air Medals, three Aerial Achievement Medals, and the Air Force Combat Action Medal. Young holds degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and studied writing there and at the Sewanee Writers Conference, among other places. Besides his five previous novels <i>The Mullah s Storm</i>, <i>Silent Enemy</i>, <i>The Renegades</i>, <i>The Warriors</i>, and <i>Sand and Fire</i>, he is also the author of the <i>Sand and Fire </i>eBook special <i>Phantom Fury</i>, and the oral history <i>The Speed of Heat: An Airlift Wing at War in Iraq and Afghanistan</i>. Young also contributed to the anthology <i>Operation Homecoming</i>, edited by Andrew Carroll. He lives in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Author(s)Thomas W Young
- PublisherG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Series TitleParson and Gold Novel
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Weight249 g
- Width107 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTall rack paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.