All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- Description'She was loved and trusted by every man who ever knew her. To the eyes of the young men who looked upon her with warmth and affection she had beauty unsurpassed. To her friends she was gentle, staunch, loyal and a protectress; to her enemies she was a lightning bolt from the skies, a ruthless and total destroyer. She was unique in the heavens for there was thing she could t do there when called upon by those who loved and needed her. An inanimate piece of machinery, a mass of tubes, wire, steel, aluminium; she flew like an angel. She had vices. In the hands of the young men, who mastered her and became her lovers, she saved England and all the rest of the world that cherished the right of freedom. She was the Hawker Hurricane.' Over 20 photographic images - some previously unpublished - from the world rewned collection at the Imperial War Museum and the Royal Air Force Museum. 2015 is the 70th anniversary of VE Day.
- Author BiographyPaul Gallico, author of The Snow Goose, The Small Miracle and The Poseidon Adventure has become permanently linked with those early days of the war when England stood alone against the Germans, has written the whole exciting and inspiring story of the greatest British fighter plane, from the drawing board through the battles of World War II.
- Author(s)Paul Gallico
- PublisherUnicorn Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniform Press
- Content Note20+ black & white photographs
- Width140 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.