Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- Est. delivery by 18 Oct
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.00+ AU $8.50 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thecollectorsbag
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was more beautiful than anything I had ever seen and I didn't have the words to describe it. It felt it though. I let out an incredible whoop of joy and skipped into the air, laughing and laughing; there was so much joy inside me. For the first time in all my memory, I could t contain myself. As a boy in the early 1940s, young Boden Black finds his life changed for ever the day his neighbour Dudley drives him over the hills into the vast sw-covered plains of the Mackenzie country. Unexpectedly his world opens up and he discovers a love of landscape and a fascination with words that will guide him throughout his life, as he forges a career as a butcher and poet, spends a joyous summer building a hut on the slopes of Mount Cook and climbs to the summit in the company of Sir Edmund Hillary. A moving exploration of onw man's journey and the events which shape him, The Hut Builder is also an evocative celebration of the mountain world and the wonder of life. Also available as an eBook
- Author BiographyLaurence Fearnley is an award-winning novelist. Her novel The Hut Builder won the fiction category of the 2011 NZ Post Book Awards and was shortlisted for the international 2010 Boardman Tasker Prize for mountain writing. Her 2014 novel, Reach, was longlisted for the Ockham New Zealand Book Awards, Edwin and Matilda was runner-up in the 2008 Montana New Zealand Book Awards and her second novel, Room, was shortlisted for the 2001 Montana Book Awards. In 2015, she worked alongside mountaineer Lydia Bradey to write Going Up is Easy, a climbing memoir that was a finalist in the Banff Mountain Literature Award. In 2004 Fearnley was awarded the Artists to Antarctica Fellowship and in 2007 the Robert Burns Fellowship at the University of Otago. Laurence Fearnley lives in Dunedin with her husband and son.
- PrizesWinner of New Zealand Post Book Awards: Fiction 2011.
- Author(s)Laurence Fearnley
- PublisherPenguin Group (NZ)
- Date of Publication27/09/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintPenguin Books (NZ)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.