Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionA Time Magazine Top 10 Fiction book for 2011One of the Wall Street Journal's Top 10 Mysteries of the Year 2011Prepare for The Hyptist to cast its spellIn the frigid clime of Tumba, Sweden, a gruesome triple homicide attracts the interest of Detective Inspector Joona Linna, who demands to investigate the murders. The killer is still at large, and there's only one surviving witness--the boy whose family was killed before his eyes. Whoever committed the crimes wanted this boy to die: he's suffered more than one hundred knife wounds and lapsed into a state of shock. Desperate for information, Linna sees only one option: hyptism. He enlists Dr. Erik Maria Bark to mesmerize the boy, hoping to discover the killer through his eyes.It's the sort of work that Bark has sworn he would never do again--ethically dubious and psychically scarring. When he breaks his promise and hyptizes the victim, a long and terrifying chain of events begins to unfurl.An international sensation, The Hyptist is set to appear in thirty-seven countries, and it has landed at the top of bestseller lists wherever it's been published--in France, Holland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Denmark. Now it's America's turn. Combining the addictive power of the Stieg Larsson trilogy with the storytelling drive of The Silence of the Lambs, this adrenaline-drenched thriller is spellbinding from its very first page.
- Author BiographyLars Kepler is the pseudonym for a literary couple who live and write in Sweden. Their novels, including The Nightmare and The Hypnotist, have been number-one bestsellers in more than a dozen countries, including France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Holland, and Denmark. The film version of The Hypnotist is directed by Lasse Hallstrom (Chocolat, The Cider House Rules).
- Author(s)Lars Kepler
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byAnn Long
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.