All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe IBM Style Guide distills IBM wisdom for developing superior content: information that is consistent, clear, concise, and easy to translate. The IBM Style Guide can help any organization improve and standardize content across authors, delivery mechanisms, and geographic locations. This expert guide contains practical guidance on topic-based writing, writing content for different media types, and writing for global audiences. Throughout, the authors illustrate the guidance with many examples of correct and incorrect usage. Writers and editors will find authoritative guidance on issues ranging from structuring information to writing usable procedures to presenting web addresses to handling cultural sensitivities. The guidelines cover these topics: * Using language and grammar to write clearly and consistently * Applying punctuation marks and special characters correctly * Formatting, organizing, and structuring information so that it is easy to find and use * Using foottes, cross-references, and links to point readers to valuable, related information * Presenting numerical information clearly * Documenting computer interfaces to make it easy for users to achieve their goals * Writing for diverse audiences, including guidelines for improving accessibility * Preparing clear and effective glossaries and indexesThe IBM Style Guide can help any organization or individual create and manage content more effectively. The guidelines are especially valuable for businesses that have t previously adopted a corporate style guide, for anyone who writes or edits for IBM as an employee or outside contractor, and for anyone who uses modern approaches to information architecture.
- Author BiographyFrancis DeRespinis, Peter Hayward, Jana Jenkins, Amy Laird, Leslie McDonald, and Eric Radzinski are members of the IBM Style and Word Usage Council, a workgroup of senior editors who represent key product brands in IBM.
- Author(s)Amy Laird,Eric Radzinski,Francis DeRespinis,Jana Jenkins,Leslie I. McDonald,Peter Hayward
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationArmonk
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIBM Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width177 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.