All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionIn the far rth of Italy lies the valley of the ice-cream makers- about a dozen villages where, for generations, people have specialised in making ice-cream. Master maker Giuseppe Talamini claims it was actually invented here. Every spring his family sets off for the ice-cream parlour in Rotterdam, returning to the mountains only in winter. Eldest son Giovanni Talamini decides to break with this tradition by pursuing a literary career. But then one day his younger brother, Luca, approaches him with a highly unusual request. Now Giovanni faces a dilemma- serve the family's interests one last time or choose his own path in life, once and for all.
- Author BiographyErnest van der Kwast (Author) made his breakthrough with the novel Mama Tandoori, which became a bestseller in the Netherlands and Italy and sold more than 100,000 copies. In 2012 he published the novella Giovanna's Navel, which entered the Der Spiegel bestseller list immediately after publication in Germany in spring 2015. Laura Vroomen (Translator) was born in the Netherlands and now lives and works in London. She was educated at the University of Amsterdam and Warwick University and spent several years teaching English literature and cultural studies before switching to translation.
- Author(s)Ernest Van der Kwast
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight366 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byLaura Vroomen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.