Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $45.29
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.75
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.88
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.71
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.30
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionRichard The Ice Man Kuklinski led a double life beyond anything ever seen on The Sopras, becoming one of the most torious professional assassins in American history while hosting neighborhood barbecues in suburban New Jersey. Now, after 240 hours of face-to-face interviews with Kuklinski and his wife and daughters, author Philip Carlo tells his extraordinary story.Kuklinski was Sammy The Bull Grava's partner in the killing of Paul Castella at Spark's Steakhouse. John Gotti hired him to kill the neighbor who accidentally ran over his child. For an additional price, he would make victims suffer; he conducted this sadistic business with cold-hearted intensity, never disappointing his customers. By his own estimate, he killed over two hundred men, taking ermous pride in his variety and ferocity of technique.Kuklinski's story, once kwn, captivated the public and became the subject of three HBO documentaries about which the New York Times raved Few viewers are ever likely to forget this thoroughly chilling portrait. As for possible movie competition, it would work on the level of The Silence of the Lambs.
- Author BiographyPhilip Carlo grew up in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, amidst the world's highest concentration of Mafia members. His intimate knowledge of their walk and their talk helped him become a successful crime writer. His breakthrough, the critically acclaimed The Night Stalker, chronicles the brutal career of serial killer Richard Ramirez. Carlo lives in New York. Michael Prichard has played several thousand characters during his career. While he has been seen performing over one hundred of them in theater and film, Michael is primarily heard, having recorded well over five hundred full-length books. During his career as a one-man repertory company, he has recorded many series with running characters-including the complete Travis McGee adventures by John D. MacDonald and the complete Nero Wolfe mysteries by Rex Stout-as well as series by such masters as Mark Twain, John Cheever, and John Updike. His numerous awards and accolades include an Audie Award for Tears in the Darkness by Michael Norman and Elizabeth M. Norman and several AudioFile Earphones Awards, including for At All Costs by Sam Moses and In Nixon's Web by L. Patrick Gray III. Named a Top Ten Golden Voice by SmartMoney magazine, he holds an M.F.A. in theater from the University of Southern California. Michael appears regularly on the professional stage, including as a member of Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company, performing such great roles as Captain Beatty in Fahrenheit 451, which became the second-longest-running production in the Los Angeles area. Bradbury himself dubbed Michael the finest Beatty in history.
- Author(s)Philip Carlo
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2006
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Michael Prichard
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time1110
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.