All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe very successful first volume followed the 2009 conference called in response to Alain Badiou's communist hypothesis, where an all-star cast of radical intellectuals put the idea of communism back on the map. This volume brings together papers from the subsequent 2011 New York conference organized by Verso and continues this critical discussion, highlighting the continuing philosophical and political importance of the communist idea, and discussing how to take these essential ideas forward in a world of financial and social turmoil. Contributors include Alain Badiou, Etienne Balibar, Bru Bosteels, Susan Buck-Morss, Jodi Dean, Adrian Johnston, Francois Nicolas, Frank Ruda, Emmanuel Terray and Slavoj A iA ek.
- Author BiographySlavoj A iA ek is a Slovenian philosopher and cultural critic. He is a professor at the European Graduate School, International Director of the Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities, Birkbeck College, University of London, and a senior researcher at the Institute of Sociology, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. His books include Living in the End Times, First as Tragedy, Then as Farce, In Defense of Lost Causes, four volumes of the Essential A iA ek, and many more.
- Author(s)Slavoj Zizek
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.