All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents composer Richard Wagner's formative ideas in a systematic and coherent manner and examines their development and evolution as reflected in his prose, poetry , letters, and music-dramas. In addition to incorporating numerous letters previously unavailable, the second edition has been thoroughly reorganized. As Wagner's political and religious ideas conditioned the works and music he wrote, considerable attention is w placed on the development and evolution of his major thoughts, showing how they evolved and became incorporated into his music.
- Author BiographyAlan David Aberbach is Director, Opera Studies and Retired Associate Professor of History at Simon Fraser University.
- Author(s)Alan David Aberbach
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication08/04/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.