All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book was shortlisted for the Goodreads Best Science & Techlogy Book Award. Motion sickness. Nightmares. Forgetting people's names. Why did I walk into this room? For something supposedly so brilliant and evolutionarily advanced, the human brain is pretty messy, fallible and disorganised. In The Idiot Brain neuroscientist Dean Burnett celebrates the imperfections of the human brain in all their glory, and the impact of these quirks on our daily lives. Expertly researched and entertainingly written, this book is for anyone who has wondered why their brain seems to be sabotaging their life, and what on earth it is really up to.
- Author BiographyDr Dean Burnett is a neuroscientist working as a tutor and lecturer based at Cardiff University's Institute of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences. He has been dabbling in stand-up and comedy writing for over a decade. His Guardian Science blog, 'Brain Flapping', has been viewed over 13 million times in the last three years.
- Author(s)Dean Burnett
- PublisherGuardian Faber Publishing
- Date of Publication02/03/2017
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGuardian Faber Publishing
- Weight265 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $27.02
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.55
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $21.60Trending at AU $28.20
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.72
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.49
- AU $14.19Trending at AU $24.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.