All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe British don t belong in Africa. Their skins are too pale, their clothing too heavy and elaborate, their morality all wrong. And yet here they are in 1912 in the British Protectorate of East Africa, tangled in an uneasy peace with the Sultan of Zanzibar. Much of the tangle in this new mystery in Alfieri s East Africa series concerns the slave trade. The British have outlawed it, but, well, it s all a matter of who you kw and who you owe, isn t it? That slippery morality infuriates Vera Tolliver, a Scottish missionary s daughter and the bride of a English police officer, whose job it is to enforce the law... after he figures out what it is. The murder of a runaway slave only increases the complications, especially because a longtime friend of Vera s family is the likeliest suspect. Meanwhile both the British government and the Sultanate sail above it all, as though they had thing to do with the problem. But both Vera and Tolliver could tell you that official fingers are ktted into the tangle s every strand.
- Author BiographyAnnamaria Alfieri, actually named Patricia King, began writing stories at the age of nine and, as she puts it, never stopped. After writing a number of well received non-fiction books that landed her an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show, she took a trip to Bolivia that inspired her to write her first mystery novel (City of Silver, published by Felony & Mayhem in 2011). With that shift into fiction, King took on her pseudonym a combination of her mother s and her grandmother s names to avoid confusion with other novelists also named Patricia King. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Annamaria Alfieri
- PublisherFelony & Mayhem
- Date of Publication10/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFelony & Mayhem
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.