All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe core of William Blake's vision, his greatness as one of the British Romantics, is most fully expressed in his Illuminated Books, masterworks of art and text intertwined and mutually enriching. In 1949 the William Blake Trust was founded to bring these rare, in some cases unique, works to a wider general audience through the publication of superbly produced facsimiles of each book. By the late 1980's these facsimiles had themselves become rare books. The Trust accordingly resolved to initiate a collected edition that would publish accurate reproductions of all the Illuminated Books to be accompanied by tes and commentaries by leading Blake scholars. Songs of Incence and of Experience, one of the best kwn of the books, is w reproduced in paperback for the first time from the King's College, Cambridge copy--sometimes kwn as Blake's own copy. The poems have been edited with introduction, tes, commentaries, and bibliography.
- Author(s)William Blake
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/11/1994
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleBlake S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note54 color plates
- Weight771 g
- Width203 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAndrew Lincoln
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.