All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe British Library houses one of the world's greatest collections of illuminated manuscripts, and Janet Backhouse has drawn on this rich resource to make a selection of outstanding examples that span over 800 years of medieval book production. She begins with the Lindisfarne Gospels and continues with a representative cross-section that reveals the remarkable variety and richness to be found in medieval manuscripts. With a concise introductory text and informative captions, this is the perfect introduction to an endlessly fascinating subject.
- Author BiographyJanet Backhouse was Assistant Keeper in the Department of Manuscripts at the British Library. She is the author of The Lindisfarne Gospels, also published by Phaidon.
- Author(s)Janet Backhouse
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/01/1998
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note28 colour and 42 b&w illustrations, map, bibliography
- Weight340 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.