All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again- but already it was impossible to say which was which . . . ' Halas & Batchelor studio's classic and controversial 1954 animation of Animal Farm, George Orwell's chilling fable of idealism betrayed, was the first ever British animated feature film. This landmark illustrated edition of Orwell's vel was first published alongside it, and features the original line drawings by the film's animators, Joy Batchelor and John Halas.
- Author BiographyEric Arthur Blair (1903-1950), better known by his pen-name, George Orwell, was born in India, where his father worked for the Civil Service. An author and journalist, Orwell was one of the most prominent and influential figures in twentieth-century literature. His unique political allegory Animal Farm was published in 1945, and it was this novel, together with the dystopia of Nineteen Eighty-Four (1949), which brought him world-wide fame. His novels and non-fiction include Burmese Days, Down and Out in Paris and London, The Road to Wigan Pier and Homage to Catalonia.
- Author(s)George Orwell
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight130 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.