All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guide provides essential information about British habitats and the creatures found in them, including mammals, amphibians and reptiles, freshwater and marine fish, and the many breeds of birds that visit and live on the islands. It details the physiology and anatomy of each species, together with fascinating information on their ecology and evolution, their senses, survival and reproductive habits. Animals, birds and fish are listed in three separate directories, and entries are illustrated with accurate watercolour artworks. There is a quick-glance fact box for each featured creature, with information about its distribution and habitat, food, size, breeding and rare or common status. The accompanying commentaries have been provided by expert naturalists and include tips for identification and tes on the species' habits and behaviour.
- Author BiographyTom Jackson, chief contributor, has worked at Jersey Zoo and has been involved in the conservation of endangered wildlife in Zimbabwe. As a travel journalist, he has explored the Galapagos Islands and the Amazonian rainforests. Tom's published works include: Tropical Forests (Raintree); The World Encyclopedia of Animals, and Parrots, Tropical and Rainforest Birds (both Lorenz Books); and Nature Factfile: Monkeys (Southwater).
- Author(s)Tom Jackson
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight1619 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.